A Walk on the Wild Side

welcome

“One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” - William Shakespeare

Early Playdate


My bed sits under a window that overlooks a little field.
My living room window faces the opposite direction and looks sees a winding mountain path...okay, it's really a little road that heads up the hill to some other houses, but it's tiny and winds through the trees.

This morning I woke up and looked out my bedroom window. There, just at the bottom of the stairs, is Mama Deer. She was nibbling on some grass. From behind the house, her two babies came running, and they headed north across the field.

I slid my feet into my slippers and headed down the stairs to the living room and as I did, I look out the window, as I do every morning. Standing in the middle of the "mountain path" were Mama and 2 baby deer. I actually did a double take and looked out my bedroom window again - I could see Mama and 2 babies heading north. Again I looked out the living room window. Mama and 2 babies heading up the "path".

All this time I thought Mama and the babies were just confused and heading back from where they came from. Nope, it's an early morning play date for the little ones at my house! They were just heading back home.

0 comments:

Post a Comment