A Walk on the Wild Side

welcome

“One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” - William Shakespeare

Bunny Tracks


I've seen deer and I've seen turkey. I've seen chipmunks too, but since we moved out here, I haven't seen a bunny yet. I was fairly certain they would be around since they are everywhere. We saw them several times at the old place. They are snowshoe hares. Cute little bunnies that are brown in summer and white in the winter.


Snowshoe in the summer.

Snowshoe in the winter.

I hadn't seen any since being out here, and even started to think that maybe they didn't want to be out here for whatever reason... train, too many cars, humans, whatever.

I was ecstatic when I saw bunny prints in the snow!
I was so excited that I grabbed my camera and walked around the yard following them. They have been right next to the house - hmmm, that would explain the motion sensor flood light turning on in the middle of the night! The tracks wound around trees, through the bushes and finally into my garden, around the perimeter and back out.

Bunny Tracks!

What's left of my garden.

I knew they were around! Now if I could only get a picture of one in action!

1 comments:

upsadaisy said...

Hurrah for bunnies!

Post a Comment