A Walk on the Wild Side

welcome

“One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” - William Shakespeare

A Hike Up The Mountain


Since we've moved to this new house, I've wanted to explore the mountain behind me. It looms above me, calling me to climb. Okay, so it's not that big, but I've wanted to explore.

Call me lazy, or maybe I've just procrastinated for whatever reason, but I've been here for 5 months now and only went out yesterday.

I'm glad I did and I wish I had gone sooner! It was a nice invigorating hike up, the air was clean and cold and the steepness made it great exercise. Though the hike up was great, there wasn't much to see that was all that interesting. Just trees and rocks. More trees and rocks.

Trees and rocks...

While I don't mind the trees and rocks (they are still beautiful!), I was somewhat disappointed that I didn't see anything spectacular like a waterfall, or even a deer! Though there were TONS of footprints! (Apparently the deer and turkey live up there!)

Look! The turkey prints made a star!

It wasn't until we reached a curve in the path and my son yelled at me "Stay away from that area mom! That's the direction where the mountain goes DOWN!" He's scared of high places now after he broke his leg climbing rocks. I decided to trek through the trees and see what was beyond...

It


WAS


BREATHTAKING!



If it horribly snowy most of the time, I would totally build my house on top where I can wake up to these views every morning. OR if I had a tractor or snow plow.

Obviously the views were awesome, and I really didn't want to head back down, but it was cold. I think the high was only 29, and it was a lot colder up top! So we headed down to the warmth of the house.

On the way down, Dustin found a "Dragon Egg"...


And I spotted a neat icicle!


We'll definitely make the hike again!

0 comments:

Post a Comment