A Walk on the Wild Side

welcome

“One touch of nature makes the whole world kin.” - William Shakespeare

Empty Nest



Our little baby birds have flown away.

Late yesterday morning I was outside watering my potted plants and I walked under the deck where the water was so that I could turn it off. Above me I heard squeaking and saw something from the corner of my eye. I turned to look and saw a bird fly away. No doubt it was Mama bird, I thought to myself as I turned off the water and went back inside.

A few hours later, I went outside again, this time to clean out my car. To get to my car, I had to walk near the nest. Suddenly, I hear a fluttering sound and I turned around. Two baby birds were flying in circles and then flew across the yard to a tree.

The nest is empty. The three baby birds are now gone. I hope to see many more of these little birds around soon!

0 comments:

Post a Comment